Saturday, November 14, 2009

Days 31-33 Christchurch, Wellington, Hamilton, and back to Tauranga



Didn't realise we were being driven double-headed, how exciting



Backpacker's hostel where I stayed in Wellington. Lovely old Art Deco hotel


Wellington railway station



In my element, leaning out of the outside observation car


Back in Hamilton



Irish guy, Don, in guess what......yes, an Irish bar. He had an overnight bus to Wellington to catch. I had to stay in Hamilton for the night, as it was a sunday, and no buses to Graham's place in Tauranga. So a few hours to kill. Don't remember leaving, I guess he got the bus




Back in Tauranga and standing on top of Mt Maunganui next to survey station







View from top




and again



and again

Back to Auckland tomorrow (monday) and then Sydney and hopefully catch up with Mike Windsor's mate Charles, and Shaun and Doreen, although I've emailed them but heard nothing back yet












1 comment:

  1. You and your double enders, sorry headers....

    Westie hasn't changed much by the look of things, give him my regards.

    Enjoy Oz!

    ReplyDelete