Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sydney Part 2

Having breakfast outside in "The Rocks" area of Sydney, and this bird came and sat next to me

"The Rocks"


Ouside the Opera House with Bridge in the background. Probably one of the nicest spots in the world to have a party. It was still nearly 30c in the evening



I look like a cardboard cut out from the photo above




Cameron, an Aussie guy I first new from when I lodged in Benson years ago. Had his phone no. so called him and met up. Nutty as a fruit cake





Cameron and Diane

Enjoyed Sydney but time to move on.....Got flight to Johannesburg on saturday 21st, 13 hrs flight and arriving 5 hrs local time after leaving Sydney. Jet lag soon set in. Got taxi from airport to cheap Formula Inn near Joburg station, ready to get train to Cape Town the following day. Taxi driver said don't leave your hotel at night, it's not safe. I thought welcome to Joburg. So good night's sleep last night and typing this sunday morning. Train departs at 3pm, so I'm going to have to brave the streets of Joburg before catching the train. Can't be that bad, can it?
Next report Cape Town and then back to UK on 25th.......that'll be the trip over.



2 comments:

  1. Joburg wasn't too bad when I was there a few years ago, maybe it's got worse.
    Enjoy Cape Town, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your girlfriend. Very exotic! You look like you've lost weight baby. I'll get started on the steak and kidney pudding. I can't believe your trip is nearly over. Make the most of your last few days. Ed wants to know if you've got him anything! Nice to know you're missed I suppose.
    XXXXX

    ReplyDelete