Saturday, October 17, 2009

Day 4












Well, this is more like it! Much as I liked Buenos Aires, this is what the trip is mainly about...Patagonia.
Before I carry on, I'd like to apologise to any Argentinians that may have viewed the previous posting. When I said third world, mickey mouse, I was talking about the bank notes not the country. Much the same as the Euro notes.... not the quality of the English, sorry Dave H, British bank notes....thought I'd just clarify that
Wonderful flight courtesy of Argentine Airlines....smooth flight, very pretty air hostesses unlike the BA flight from Heathrow...no offence.
Bit odd though, I wasn't allowed to take my apples and bananas on the flight, but a young woman in the aisle next to me was compiling a scrapbook with an enormous pair of scissors....go figure.
I don't know what order the photos are being published in, but basically:
Coming in to land
View when leaving airport (after enormous rainstorm in the time it takes landing and exiting)
My hotel
An old LT bus (think I "spotted" this one in 1965 back home)
Beagle Channel (Named that thanks to Charles Darwin)
Hotel is brilliant! Quiet with really nice people running it ....I've just had a few drinks after being down town and I think the two brothers who run it are my best friends ever.
The town is a bit more touristy than I was hoping, never mind, it's a good place from which to explore the surrounding area. El tren del fin del mondo tomorrow and a hike around the national park.
Had a couple of drinks in an Irish bar (is there anywhere in the world where there isn't an Irish bar?)
There is also a bar called "The General Belgrano"....thought I'd give that a wide berth.
By the way Dave Filby, it goes down the plug hole ante-clockwise
Love Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment