Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 6 already! Tren del fin del mundo and park

As usual, photos in reverse order
A horse


A bird


General view in park



View at lake, just started snowing



2 birds and what looks like a pile of horse shit




Southern edge of park, looking towards Chilean Tierra del Fuego






One of my attempts to photograph some of the amazing collection of birds in the park......harriers, woodpeckers, finches and all sorts of brightly coloured birds.... a twitcher's paradise. Trouble is you need a decent slr camera and a steady hand...the little buggers fly off before I get a chance to snap them.






Train arriving at the park










And , of course, the engines.
I walked for miles for the first time since I left UK.....aching like a good'un this evening.
I'm getting a place on a boat that's cruising around Cape Horn (where you can disembark) on wednesday, and it then goes through the fjords and glaciers of S.W.Chile,( stopping at a penguin colony), before arriving at Punta Arenas in Chile on saturday. So don't know what wi-fi will be available, so may be a break in transmission. So tomorrow hanging around here (Ushuaia), maybe taking a trek up to the lakes, before the trip on wednesday
Love Pete




3 comments:

  1. Trains and birds! You must be in heaven baby. I want to know more about this boat you're getting. email me. Just so you don't think you're having all the fun, I saw a buzzard yesterday perched on a road sign (the bird, not me). Love the pictures of you. Glad to hear you're making yet more international drinking buddies! love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos, lovely locos and the weather looks fantastic. The 'pile of horse shit' photo caused much laughter in the pub I can tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pete, David Attenborough you ain't, stick to the chuffers and proper birds, see if you can bring me one home. One like I saw on Ipenema, not one of those with bowler hats and a scarf. have a great time Mikey

    ReplyDelete